MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS
LIQUEURIOUS EDITION 2018
“THE WORLD’S MOST LIQUEURIOUS COCKTAIL EXPERIENCE”
Marie Brizard®, one of the oldest French liqueur Maisons, has been daring since its creation in 1755 in Bordeaux.
A young visionary woman, Marie Brizard, created the legendary Anisette -a symbol of subtlety and French elegance-, a recipe that has been carefully kept secret and treasured for 260 years.
Famous for its mastery of the art of Mixology, Marie Brizard® is today a reference in over 100 countries. Marie Brizard® is also the preferred partner of bartenders and, every two years since 1982, has been organizing an international cocktail competition: the MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS® (previously called IBS – International Bartender Seminar).
There are two stages of the MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS competition:
- Qualifying events held locally throughout the year ;
- The Global final competition;
The 2018 edition will be held in November in Bordeaux, the birthplace of the Maison.
This- not to be missed- meeting is a true celebration of Mixology, where the best international bartenders, selected around the world in local competitions, go up against each other.
WHAT ABOUT GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
I. ENTERING CONDITIONS
1. Entrants must be of legal drinking age within the country they reside to enter.
2. The organizing company’s employees or associated companies’ staffs are not eligible to enter.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. Entries shall be submitted to the Marie Brizard Masters’ organization via the website http://mariebrizard.com/ by completing the entry form in its entirety.
5. Entrants are asked to post a photo or video to social media accounts using the hashtag #STIRUPLIQUEURIOSITY.
6. Participation implies official acceptance of these terms and conditions and of the Legal Disclaimer by any entrant.
Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these General Terms and Conditions and hereby accept the decisions of the MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS, which are final.
WHAT ABOUT THE MASTERS COMPETITION?
I. DIGITAL TEST
STIR UP THE LIQUEURIOSITY OF THE LARGEST NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…) AND WIN AN ADVANTAGE OF 20 POINTS FOR THE 1st ROUND OF THE MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS’ INTERNATIONAL FINAL COMPETITION IN BORDEAUX (France).
1. Post a photo or a video on your own social media account to showcase your LIQUEURIOUS world, to share your LIQUEURIOUS passion and include in the caption the contest hashtag #STIRUPLIQUEURIOSITY
2. The same entry entered on several personal social media accounts will count as 1 entry (the best result only among them will be considered into the contest scoring – (likes & shares will be cumulated).
3. The entrant with the highest number of “like” and “share” will gain an advantage of 20 points for the 1st round of the MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS’ international final competition in BORDEAUX (France).
4. The #STIRUPLIQUEURIOSITY challenge will close on the October 31st, 2018.
If the photo/video is taken by a third party, entrant must have secured all rights and clearances to the photo/video from the photographer.
Entry cannot be violent, profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
Entry cannot include or promote binge drinking, illegal drugs or tobacco.
Entry cannot contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses, photographs or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
1. All entrants will have to present one cocktail of 120 ml minimum of their own inspiration:
According to the following theme:
“STIR UP LIQUEURIOSITY”
2. The cocktail creation shall contain no more than 5 ingredients – Excluding garnish, sprays, and zests.
3. The cocktail creation must include a minimum of 20 ml of Marie Brizard ® Products (Liqueur, Syrup, Essence, etc.) – combination of products is permitted.
4. The cocktail creation shall contain no other competitors’ liqueurs and syrup brands.
5. Cocktail recipe using widely available ingredients, commonly used on bars, are preferred.
6. Cocktail recipe including a “homemade ingredient” can be used but the recipe of the “homemade ingredient” will have to be submitted to the organizer before final registration. Please consider that an easily “homemade ingredient” is preferred. For example: Cardamom syrup or simple infusions. Homemade syrups and liqueurs are not permitted.
7. Hot cocktails and shooters are not permitted.
8. Cocktail recipe may be hand stirred, hand shaken or blended – cocktails requiring the use of an electric mixer of electric blender are not permitted.
9. Free pouring is allowed but using jiggers is preferred.
10. Cocktail recipe must be expressed in ML or PARTS – Drop /Dash are limited to Bitters.
11. Cocktail name using rude, lurid, sexual words or associated with narcotics or engine vehicles is not permitted.
1. All performances shall have to be presented in English. Translator will not be permitted for the “MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS LIQUEURIOUS EDITION” Global Final competition in Bordeaux.
2. All entrants must supply and be prepared to discuss and describe the inspiration behind their cocktails.
3. Cocktails must be assembled in front of the judges.
4. Entrants shall bring along their own service glassware (non-branded) and equipment.
5. Entrants will have 10 minutes’ before their presentation to prepare their ingredients, garnishes and glassware in the specific preparation area.
6. Entrants will have 5 minutes to familiarize themselves with the station and getting ready for their performance.
7. Entrants will have 10 minutes to prepare their cocktail in front of the judges.
8. Entrants shall have to make 2 identical drinks of their cocktail creation for the 3 judges.
9. Entrants serving drinks which appear inedible or using unhygienic methods will be disqualified.
10. The judges’ decision is final and binding with regards to any matter related to the Competition.
11. Entrants presenting plagiarized known recipes shall be disqualified.
The competition organizers cannot guarantee the safe return of glassware, equipment or any product supplied by a competitor. Therefore competitors are advised to house their tools and product in bags/boxes which enable them to efficiently gather and hold their equipment and ingredients safe immediately after competing.
Competitors considered by the organizer to be practicing or promoting any form of irresponsible drinking, including ‘shots’ will be disqualified and may be asked to leave the venue.
With participating in the competition, each entrant hereby authorizes the free and general use and reproduction by MARIE BRIZARD WINES & SPIRITS (MBWS) and its affiliated companies, of the cocktail name, recipe, inspiration, any photography of cocktail and portrait, as well as the free and general use of the name and the images of the participant taken during the competition. The entrant will be accredited wherever possible.
The winner shall be involved in the development of a new liqueur. MARIE BRIZARD WINE & SPIRITS (MBWS) will plan savours & spices discovery trips, tasting trips to the R&D Headquarters and trips to the industrial plants for the winner. MARIE BRIZARD WINE & SPIRITS (MBW) will cover the expenses of every step and trip, the winner would have participated in to develop the new liqueur. Subject to his/her agreement, the 2018 MARIE BRIZARD MASTERS winner’s name will be given to this new liqueur.
This award is not considered as a professional activity and will not be remunerated as such. This award will not imply the payment of any royalty to the winner.